The CW 10 Southeast Texas Beaumont
Stay Connected: Contact Us
CW TV RSS Feed CW TV Mail

Top Stories

KWBB CW10 South Texas :: News - Top Stories - Family holds onto hope after fire leaves them homeless again

Family holds onto hope after fire leaves them homeless again

BEAUMONT-By: Leslie Rangel


A single mother of three is left homeless for the holidays after a Wednesday night fire in North Beaumont destroyed her home.


"We pulled up and it looked like smoke was coming from the house," Terri McCarter, homeowner said.


The family came home to firefighter at their front doorstep. Homeowners beleive the fire was started by an electric heater near a Christmas tree.


The family had just moved into their new home over the weekend after being homeless for nearly a year. With the help of their church family from Northpoint Community Church, they were able to rebuild.


"To see all my hard work just gone and we only lived here for a couple of days, we just moved in we've only been here for 4 or 5 days," McCarter says.


"She's truly renovated it, she's put plumbing in, she's worked on flooring, she's put in kitchen cabinets, bathtubs and you name it, she's done it." Northpoint Community Pastor, Lynnlee Moser told KFDM News.


McCarter says it's her daughter and faith that keep her going with her head held high.


"I have 3 awesome kids, their names are, Today, Tomorrow and Evening. They're real awesome kids," McCarter says.


McCarter is now left holding onto her faith and love, finding strength within the heartache.


"Tomorrow isn't promissed, but today you have to live for it," McCarter said.


A family's life changed, in just one evening.


A McCarter family fund has been set up at the Neches Federal Credit Union on 1955 Dowlen Road in Beaumont.


The Northpoint Community Church has also set up a website for the family at www.McCarterFamily.info 

Family holds onto hope after fire leaves them homeless again

Thursday, December 13 2012, 07:02 PM CST
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]